Frequently Asked Questions
Where do we board the boat?
- You can board the boat at the address Aalmarkt 13 (located next to the V&D)
Is it possible to board and leave the boat at a different location?
-Yes. You have the possibility to decide where you would like to be picked up and dropped off, however extra costs could be charged.
What happens if it rains?
-The boat trips rarely will get canceled due to the rain. However it is possibile that the captain of the boat might cancel the trip if the weather is too dangerous. We will provide other options for you.
- Rondvaart Leiden also offers covered boats.
-All boats can provide umbrellas and ponchos. And of course there is always a bridge to use as a quick shelter.
What is the best location to park my car?
-Most of Leiden only offers paid parking. We advise you to park at the Haagweg. From there you can take a free bus to the Aalmarkt and can give them a call once you need to be picked up.
-For more information, please see www.stadsparkeerplan.nl
Are all the costs including B.T.W. (taxes)?
-Yes, all the rates shown are all including B.T.W
Is there a toilet onboard?
-Not all the boats offer a toilet, however it is easy to make a quick stop along one of the many restaurants and cafes situation alongside the canals.
Can I bring a wheelchair onboard?
- Our boats do not offer wheelchair facility (lift). However if you are able to get out of the wheelchair to step onto the boat, then the wheelchair can be carried onboard and be served as a seat.
Can I bring music onboard?
- Our tour boats all have a music system installed. We have music available but you are of course welcome to bring your ipod/ipad or any mp3 player with you for us to plug into the system.
Can we bring our own catering onboard?
-Rondvaart Leiden can provide all and any kind of catering for you. Own catering is to be further discussed.
How is the payment put together?
-You will receive an invoice prior to the trip. This will have to be paid beforehand.
-After the excursions, the final calculations will be made and you will receive another invoice.
- It is also possible to pay for the boat trip in cash when boarding the boat.
-When boarding for the city boat trips, you always pay in cash
-It is not possible to pay by card
What if we arrive past the agreed time?
- The amount of time in which you arrived too late, will be taken off of your boat trip.